Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAs operating procedure?

tag
sisco
Valued Member

CAs operating procedure?

What reasoning would a CA have to either remove a paid collection or not?  Why would some do this whether the amount is minuscule or large?  I read on the forum that some CAs will delete a TL after repeated attempts and yet some won't budge.  What would a small collection under $100 do for them?  Are they more likely to delete a larger one if paid?  Do they have an EOM collection tally of some sort?  I'm sure each one has their own policy but generally speaking, does anyone know what type of process they have?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAs operating procedure?

I don't think anyone can fully answer that question.  Yes, some CA'S are more forgiving, lenient or whatever you want to call it.  It could be that you spoke to the right person at the right time of the day...they could have just had their morning latte and were feeling good.  Who knows.  You could have reached out to them at just the right time when Jupiter's moons were aligned with Venus' suns and since that specific person that received your request is a Sagitarrius, then they decided to delete.  (I am not an astrologist, I just used that as an example.) There is no method to why some CA's delete and some don't; but if I had to call it anything...I'd call it luck.

Message 2 of 4
sisco
Valued Member

That's what I suspected! 

Woudn't there be a tally sheet of some sort in which they need to log collection activity?  You would think that holding-off people who want to PFD vs. not receiving $ would put a damper on their activity.

I have two very small medical collections under $100 in which the two separate CAs won't budge for a PFD.  I can only guess that these are so small they don't matter for inclusion in their collection activity reports.  Why would a CA not delete a TL once paid?  It doesn't make sense to me. 

Message 3 of 4
sharpie
Regular Contributor

CF

(Control Freak)

I once begged a woman to delete something NOW that was due to come off in three months.  She just laughed and said "We had to wait for our money, you can wait for it to be deleted."  We went back and forth a while with me being very polite in the beginning to telling her what I thought of her in the end.  She just kept laughing.

This was over $79.00.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.