Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBE Group

tag
JussJoss
Valued Member

CBE Group

Hi everyone 

I just received a call on my cell phone 2nd today for an out of state number.  I didn't answer but called the number from my desk phone and it stated CBE Group and I hung up.  I currently have 2 unpaid collections on my account still within the SOL in my state and they belong to Allied Interstate and First Credit Services.  I am saving now to pay those in the hopes of them deleting the collection.  I do have a few old collections that are scheduled to fall off between now and the last around August of 2016 per my credit reports. 

My Question to everyone here is what should/shouldn’t I say when I call them back.  I don’t want to restart the clock on an old collection due to fall off in like a year.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JussJoss
Valued Member

Re: CBE Group

Sorry to bother but does anyone have any advice for when I call CBE group later today.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CBE Group

@JussJoss wrote:

Hi everyone 

I just received a call on my cell phone 2nd today for an out of state number.  I didn't answer but called the number from my desk phone and it stated CBE Group and I hung up.  I currently have 2 unpaid collections on my account still within the SOL in my state and they belong to Allied Interstate and First Credit Services.  I am saving now to pay those in the hopes of them deleting the collection.  I do have a few old collections that are scheduled to fall off between now and the last around August of 2016 per my credit reports. 

My Question to everyone here is what should/shouldn’t I say when I call them back.  I don’t want to restart the clock on an old collection due to fall off in like a year.

You cannot restart the CRTP clock once the OC sets the DoFD its that forever and everyone else has to abide by it as well. I would make sure this is past your states SOL before talking to anyone. You do not take ownership of the debt. You can make a PFD offer for less than full balance if its past your states SOL. If they are unwilling then I might let them sit awhile longer. Also talking about an old debt doesnt restart states SOL. In some states any payment does in others it takes a new promise to pay and subsequent default to reset SOL. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.