Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBSC and Credit Business?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CBSC and Credit Business?

Does anyone know these CAs? Will they, in the event that I can't pay the OC (a hospital and a pathology group), be open to a PFD? The two collections are between 2 and 3 years old ...

For anyone wonderin' (LOL) about these guys, I'll keep you updated on what happens and who's open to PFDing!! But I hope the OCs will just take the accounts out of collections, period!!

Thanks in advance!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: CBSC and Credit Business?

I havent ever heard of CBSC but i have heard of CBCS, they are based in Columbus, OH and i think they have a CA in Florida. I am working on getting them removed from Equifax report, they were deleted off of the other two.
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolbuskid wrote:
I havent ever heard of CBSC but i have heard of CBCS, they are based in Columbus, OH and i think they have a CA in Florida. I am working on getting them removed from Equifax report, they were deleted off of the other two.

Yeesh ... CBCS is what I meant! See? All of this stuff has completely frazzled my brain!
Seriously, with all this going on, I'm lucky if I remember to eat a single meal!

*rolls eyes*

Were you able to convince them to PFD? I'm sorry to nag (much less ask so many stupid questions)! Call me desperate, call me paranoid, call me spazzy!

We're in Florida ... do you think we should contact the Florida office or just go straight to Ohio?

Thank you so much, Schoolbuskid, for answering!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well i think the mortgage company that we are working with had them removed from TU and EX, but not EQ. I wrote them a DV letter mind you this is a paid collection, i have heard of success by doing it this way. Unfortunately they wrote me a letter saying they did not have sufficient info to locate an account in their system. So i figured they have deleted the info, so i disputed with EQ as not mine, with it being a paid collection i dont know how that would work. If it comes back verified, i will dispute as "creditor agreed to remove" or DV them once again!

So now i am waiting on results from EQ. I think are more willing to work with you than other CA's.

Is your debt out of SOL, also what is your debt?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolbuskid wrote:
Well i think the mortgage company that we are working with had them removed from TU and EX, but not EQ. I wrote them a DV letter mind you this is a paid collection, i have heard of success by doing it this way. Unfortunately they wrote me a letter saying they did not have sufficient info to locate an account in their system. So i figured they have deleted the info, so i disputed with EQ as not mine, with it being a paid collection i dont know how that would work. If it comes back verified, i will dispute as "creditor agreed to remove" or DV them once again!
So now i am waiting on results from EQ. I think are more willing to work with you than other CA's.
Is your debt out of SOL, also what is your debt?

Yeesh ... I hope it works out for you!!!!

Our debt's only only about 2 years old, tops. So we're SOL on any SoL. It's a hospital debt ... we had thought our insurance covered it all (minus the co-pay), but apparently it didn't (we verified). We had no idea about this debt until we pulled hubby's CR (since he was listed as not only the policy holder but the one responsible for payment as well).

When we called the hospital to ask if we could pay the debt directly to them, they minced no words in telling us to go pound sand and pay the CA. They absolutely would NOT take payment. :/

I've written a PFD letter to CBCS and am still nervous about sending it (don't want to make them mad) ... and I know that if I ask them to validate, they'd have no trouble whatsoever (it's such a recent debt), so I don't even want to waste the time.

I'm crossing my fingers for BOTH of us!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks, and if its a medical collection, it has been advised to use the HIPAA type DV letter. You can find it by typing "HIPAA letter" in the search box. If you cant let me know! Good Luck!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.