cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC C\O

tag

CC C\O

I requested and was granted a payment program from a retail store. Apparently I had purchased something with deferred interest and when it kicked in my payments skyrocketed. Having recently been laid off I valued my clean payment history and requested this prior to any dings. Everything was fine for eight months until I was told the account was closed and the O\C no longer had the account. I stopped paying and stupidly waited for the company to respond rather than take action. Six months later I get a call from a CA and paid the account off prior to the CA reporting a TL. Two things bother me: 1) the O\C continued to report 120 day past due after they refused my payments and after they sold the debt to the C\A. 2) They still report a small balance of $100ish even though the TL lists the account as sold. This is absolutely my debt, but I dont want the O\C to continue reporting a balance when it was sold to a C\A. Would the O\C even consider a PFD for the small amount?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.