Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Companies willing to remove paid charge off's

tag
Larkfield
Valued Member

CC Companies willing to remove paid charge off's

Does anyone have any experience with getting AMEX, Chase, or Citi to remove paid acccounts that have been charged off?  Currently they are at close to 5 years aging, I was just wondering at what timeframe do you just let it age off.  I see a lot of info around collection companies but not a ton on card companies.

Trying to get foot back in the door with AMEX and Chase.  Accounts are paid so I dont think Im blacklisted (hopefully)

WF Platinum (3K), CapOne Platinum (5K), Discover IT (1K)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Companies willing to remove paid charge off's

I do with Citi and Chase.  I GW'd them both off, or I guess I did.  I send GW after GW to the addresses on my CR, they kept saying 'NO", then they just disappeared.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
Larkfield
Valued Member

Thanks for the advice. 

BTW, congrats on the successful weekend for you Smiley Happy

WF Platinum (3K), CapOne Platinum (5K), Discover IT (1K)
Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Larkfield wrote:

Thanks for the advice. 

BTW, congrats on the successful weekend for you Smiley Happy

Thank you.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Larkfield wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with getting AMEX, Chase, or Citi to remove paid acccounts that have been charged off?  Currently they are at close to 5 years aging, I was just wondering at what timeframe do you just let it age off.  I see a lot of info around collection companies but not a ton on card companies.

Trying to get foot back in the door with AMEX and Chase.  Accounts are paid so I dont think Im blacklisted (hopefully)

Since the paid collections are almost 5 years old I dont think they have any impact on your scores. I bet if you did get them removed it might have a negative impact as it could reduce the AAOA.

I bet if you apply for an Amex charge you would be approved and get the benefit of backdating.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Larkfield wrote:

Since the paid collections are almost 5 years old I dont think they have any impact on your scores. I bet if you did get them removed it might have a negative impact as it could reduce the AAOA.

I bet if you apply for an Amex charge you would be approved and get the benefit of backdating.

Paid or not. Charge Offs are major derogatories and can affect your score for 7 yrs. 

Message 6 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Larkfield wrote:

Paid or not. Charge Offs are major derogatories and can affect your score for 7 yrs. 

I should have written "they have a much less negative impact on your scores."

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.