Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC'S that won't take BK's ???

tag
teo77777
Regular Contributor

CC'S that won't take BK's ???

I am in the process of rebuilding after a BK

in 2009...From 2009 until Nov 2013, I applied fo NO credit whatsoever. Paid cash for everything including a 5000 dollar used KIA . I wanted to get back on track and read how I should get a couple of cards and use them wisely. I first tried CK's website and they said my TU was 657 and I apllied for a Walmart Card. I got rejected I think before I ever hit the send button on my application. When the letter came, GE bank stated a TU of 513. Shocker there, and I learned my first and only lesson about FAKO's...Worthless rubbish...So I decided to get a BOA secured card, after all, they are my bank and I've been using them to process my credit cards from my small business, and yes, it's small business. I do about 45,000 a year in cc sales. Guess what...DENIED.Denied for a SECURED card at my own bank. I couldn't believe it. I felt about as worthless a human being as I've ever felt. I called them and the lady on the other end said, no problem. So I had a 300.00 secured card, a new trade line on my CR, and even though i said i needed a second card, at this point the possibility of rejection was too much. The next thing I did was open an account at a local credit union and took out a 300.00 secured loan for 6 months set on autopay from my checking. It's been 5 months but they've only reported 3 months according to my cr, and I pulled a REAL fico from this site. 615. I'm ready to get a new card to get things jumping, but here's the rub. I have heard some CC issuers wont touch anyone with a BR on record period, but I don't know who they are. Anysuggestions on who is BK friendly ? I don't want to waste hard pulls and start heading the wrong direction on my scores. Any help appreciated !

TO
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JamZone85

Re: CC'S that won't take BK's ???

I don't know which cards but I can point you in the right direction

google for credit pulls database, select the bureaus and a forum comes up- most of the people who post have gone through BK7 BK13 and more so if your FICO score 613 I'm sure someone in your shoes has been approved for a certain card- also
How long has it been since you first received credit? Can you ask for an increase with your card? You there are "Backdoor" numbers you can call even if you are denied online and sometimes they approve you- it listed on this site actually

BE NOT DISCOURAGED AND GOOD LUCK

Message 2 of 4
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Hey man, pm links it's against the rules to post direct links to competing sites here. Just an FYI, there are plenty of BK friendly banks-if you're okay with not applying for other credit for 6 months try the barclay's aspiring prime card I think you've got a good shot at it!
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 3 of 4
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Capital One might be an option for you, however before you go off applying for any credit card, If you have not done so already you should read a great guide

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-... and continue to go through the forums you will find lots of help. 

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.