Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC reporting lates

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

CC reporting lates

when CC reports lates for mutliple months in a row, should it be as following (assume 3 months of missed payments which were then brought current)

March -30

april - 60

may - 90

June - ok

or should it be

March - 90

April - 60

May - 30

june - ok

I have an old thing that has about 2 years till it drops off all together and they have it listed as the first scenario - which if I was OK in june, wouldn't the May only be 30 days late and the march be 90?  I know it means little at this point, but all GW letters have been denied (I send them about once a month and keep getting back the same answer). I hoping if I have something that I could say "this info is wrong - which technically is in violation of the law" maybe they will be nice about it and just grand my request to delete the whole trade line - whopping $1000 that was paid in full and closed by me not them and not through collections...

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: CC reporting lates

@scarrollprint wrote:

when CC reports lates for mutliple months in a row, should it be as following (assume 3 months of missed payments which were then brought current)

March -30

april - 60

may - 90

June - ok

or should it be

March - 90

April - 60

May - 30

june - ok

I have an old thing that has about 2 years till it drops off all together and they have it listed as the first scenario - which if I was OK in june, wouldn't the May only be 30 days late and the march be 90?  I know it means little at this point, but all GW letters have been denied (I send them about once a month and keep getting back the same answer). I hoping if I have something that I could say "this info is wrong - which technically is in violation of the law" maybe they will be nice about it and just grand my request to delete the whole trade line - whopping $1000 that was paid in full and closed by me not them and not through collections...

Generally I would expect it to show like this, assuming that you were current with the payments in Feb prior to missing any payments:

March -30

april - 60

may - 90

June - ok

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+!

With the proviso that they are not required to report each progressive level.   They can start at any point of their choosing.

Message 3 of 4
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

It was current in feb and then wasn't able to make any payment until June when I paid all past/current due.

@RobertEG wrote:

+!

With the proviso that they are not required to report each progressive level.   They can start at any point of their choosing.

I understand they aren't required to report each progressive level, however technically May wasn't wasn't 120 days late - march was so if I can get it deleted on a technicality I'd love to do so. At the very least, pushing that 90 day late to March gets me instantly 3 months further away from the "extreme late". At this point it doesn't do much for me, but I'm trying to get anything and everything in my favor as possible.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.