Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC that never reported?

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

CC that never reported?

It just dawned on me that I had a secured Visa that graduated to an unsecured Visa after 1 year from my previous CU back in Florida.  Looking at my report, they only thing they've reported was a unsecured personal loan for 5k.

I guess there's nothing I can do about having that history put on there, huh?

This was as recent as 5-7 years ago.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CC that never reported?

There is no time restriction on a creditor reporting information, good or bad, providing it is accurate.  That even applies after a credit report exclusion period has expired.

Some creditors dont have a reporting agreement with the CRAs, and report nothing.  Since you state that the CU did report a loan, then they apparently do have a reporting agreement.

Others choose only to report when an adverse item occurs.  It is their choice.  The only requirement is that, once they do report, they therafter assume responsibility for maintaining the accuracy of the reported information. Thus, one reason why a creditor may choose not to begin reporting.

Contact the creditor and ask.  Nothing prohibits them from doing so.

Message 2 of 3
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: CC that never reported?

Thank you sir.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.