Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS/First National Credit Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCS/First National Credit Card Question

I have a question regarding CCS/First National Credit Card, does anyone have information regarding if they would be open to a PFD??? Its a small balance but I cant find any information on how this company deals with charged off accounts? Thanks for any help you can give!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CCS/First National Credit Card Question

Do you still have unpaid debt with them?  Did they do a charge-off that is reportring, and is there a debt collector to whom they have referred collection authoity, or who may also be reporting to your CR?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are the only one reporting the debt, they charged it off and there is no collection agency handling the account.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have no idea how this OC has treated PFD requests in the past.

Here are the major concerns that I would offer for consideration.

A PFD offer is just a conditional offer.  Since only the OC has reported to date, you can shut down the prospect of possible, additional referral to a CA by just doing a PIF, rather than offering a conditional PFD offer.  But yes, that wont get any CR removal.  So it is a risk that only you can evaluate. Chance of getting a current CR deletion, vs. the chance of an additional major CA post to your CR.

If they had not done a charge-off, I think your chances for deletion of prior monthly derogs would have been greater.  But since they have already done a CO, it adds complications.  They have already written off the debt, and taken a tax-writeoff for the bad debt.  That is what a CO is. So if they now accept payment, that will involve a lot more work on the part of their accounting staff, in redirecting the debt from a business loss back to an account receiivable, and paid.  Which requires an amendment ot their next tax reporting.  If the debt is small, their cost in doing all of that, plus agreeing to credit report deletion, will probably cost them more in just processing that it is worhth to them. 

I dont see high incentive for them to accept a PFD after CO on a low debt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.