Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS and Progressive Insurance Collection

tag
nicktheman
Regular Contributor

CCS and Progressive Insurance Collection

I have a collection listed on my Transunion report that I paid in full to the collection agency.  They will not respond to multiple GW letters I have sent, but today I spoke with a very nice Progressive rep who said she could send me a letter to send to them stating that they give permission to have this deleted off of my credit reports.  Will CCS accept this and delete it or do they not have to?  I know CCS (Credit Collection Services) was assigned the debt and did not buy it.  I hope this works!!
7/23/2009 eq 650 tu 676
7/13/2009 EQ 642 TU 658
6/15/2009 EQ 631 TU 629 EX 623 (Lender Pulled)
2/8/2009 EQ 609 TU 589
10/7/2007 EQ 498 TU 507
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: CCS and Progressive Insurance Collection

They may or may not.  But it seems that if the letter comes from their client it would carry a lot of weight.  I suggest that you send it to their registered agent; not the address for general correspondence.  You can find the registered agent by looking on the website for the Secretary of State in your home state.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Whatever was the outcome of the CCS and progressive collection?  I am starting mine letter righting and calls in the morning...I discovered this on my credit file today.

-Jimmy B.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I still owe CCS $74 for insurance that I had with Progressive. I think I am going to call Progressive and see if they can get this removed from my credit report once I do pay them in full. One less baddie that I have to deal with trying to get removed from my CR, if Progressive sends them a letter to get them to remove it from my CR. I hope I do have success with this.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off the phone with a Progressive rep and I am going to make my final payment of $74.51 through them on Friday and they will be sending me a letter stating that my account is paid in full and for this to be removed from my credit report. I will be making a copy of this letter and sending it to CCS to have this removed. I am wondering if this letter should be forwarded to the CRAs as well?  Thanks in advance for any replies to this.

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  That's good to hear. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

Thats good to hear.  I'm having an issue with CCS now and they refused my PFD, I'm going to follow what you did and contact Progressive directly to pay the account in full.  I hope they will have CCS delete mine off my reports. Wish me luck.  Thanks for the post.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Message 8 of 11
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all your help.  After sending CCS a PFD and they responded by rejecting my offer.  I then sent them a DV letter, yes I know my process was backwards.  As of yesterday I received a letter from CCS stating they apologize for the inconvenience however the account will be deleted and to please allow 30 days for it to reflect on my credit report. I'm so excited!!!  I have 1 down and few more to go.  Thanks to everyone who helped.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a DV letter? I have an old progressive for $77 on my report, CCS is collector, should I send them a DV letter first? If so, what should it say? Do you send the letter w/ payment? I want to get it deleted completely. thanks

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.