Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT Account Status Relevant?

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

CCT Account Status Relevant?

Comparing my latest CCT 3 bureau report, I noticed 3 old Bank Of America accounts ( 2 CC and 1 Auto Loan) are listed by CCT as open. Clearly they are closed and have been for a few years now. Are these accounts the potential reason my EQ score is higher or is CCT account status a moot factor?

BofA CC1: open, pays account as agreed (Equifax Only)

BofA CC2: open, pays account as agreed (Equifax Only)

BofA Auto Loan: open, pays account as agreed (Equifax)

closed, paid or paying as agreed (TransUnion)

closed, paid satisfactorily (Experian)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: CCT Account Status Relevant?

You can get them updated with the correct info, but I'm not sure it has much effect on the score

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the question is whether or not them being still open is going to positively impact your AAoA.  If so, I say leave them open as 10 years from now it will still be giving your AAoA a nice positive weight rather than dropping off in 10 years if you get the status changed to closed.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Open/closed only relates to the ability of the consumer to continue use of the account, and does not affect scoring.

It is really only relevant with respect to revolviing accounts, as it states whether the consumer can contnue to make new charges, and thus increase the debt.

If you attempted to use the card, it would almost certainly be rejected.  It is almost assuredly closed.

Installment loans have no ability for the consumer to increase the debt principal, so open is not really relevant.

I see no compelling reason other than accuracy of the reports to pursue an obvious inaccuracy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.