Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB Complaints

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFPB Complaints

When should I file a CFPB complaint and what do they help with? I keep reading success stories with AA and Midland and I have accounts with them also.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CFPB Complaints

File when you have a valid complaint. They respond quickly. 

Message 2 of 5
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

If you go to the site, you can see exactly the types of complaints they handle.  If you have a valid complaint, they help provide some "muscle."

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol some credit muscle? i love this forum!
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They inherited admininstrarive regulation of compliance with the FCRA and FDCPA.

Before filing a complaint with them, you should first exercise your rights under those statutes.

Examples of CFPB complaints would be failure to have complied with dunning notice requirement, or contineance of collection activities after receipt of a timely DV.

They are based on administrative compliance with the statute.

If you assert an inaccuracy in your credit report, you should first file a dispute and obtain an investigation by the furnisher or a reinvestigatipn by the CRA, as approapriate.

If the outcome of the dispute is not in your favor and you assert that there is clear non-compliance with some provision of the FCRA, then a complaint to the CFPB would be appropriate.

However, if your disagreement is based on interpretation of the facts of the case, then you most likely would need to bring civil action to compel the production of all relevaant information.  The CFPB is not a court.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.