Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB Response - Now What?

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

CFPB Response - Now What?

So I filed a complaint with the CFPB against Midland for going against their word about me paying/deleting....this is what I got back:

Explanation of closure

Thank you again for your inquiry through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  However, please note that we were unable to locate the account in question based on the information provided by the CFPB.  As a result of our investigative measures, your complaint has been "Closed with Explanation."  Please see the attached response for a full description of our investigative results.

Response

Mrs. Rayborn, Midland Credit is unable to locate the account in question based on the information provided within your complaint.  Please provide any of the following to assist in locating the account in question:  the MCM account number, your social security number, the original account number, the address where the MCM letter was received, or the phone number the Midland Credit representative called.  Once that information is received, and the account is located, Midland Credit will investigate your complaint.  You may call Midland Credit's Consumer Support Services team at (800) 825-8131 ext. 32917 to provide this information so that it may resolve your complaint more quickly. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.

Yeah I've done all that before with NO success, hence the reason I went to the CFPB in the first place. There is an attached letter as well but it basically says the same thing and is signed. Now what? Do I give them the info? They should have had some of it with the complaint I filed.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Shiva78
Contributor

Re: CFPB Response - Now What?

I don't get their explanation.

The Acct number would be listed on your credit report, right?  I have a CFPB complaint pending their response too.  I used the MCM account number from the DV letter they sent.  Scanned and uploaded an image too.

Message 2 of 10
Blessed221
Regular Contributor

You don't have to accept that response you can appeal it provide as much detailed information as possible 

Message 3 of 10
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I assume you paid them, correct?  Can't you provide the account number used when you made your payment to them?  I guess I am a bit confused about what the issue actually is.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 10
Blessed221
Regular Contributor

How did you respond? Online in writing because if you go online you provide them with the information the collection agency provided to you and CRA

Message 5 of 10
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Yes they are paid. Long story short they received my debt on 2/22/13 and when they called me the very beginning of March 2013, I specifically asked them if I paid  it would hit my credit. They said no, it hasn't hit yet; but I had to pay the full amount to keep it off. So I did. Low and behold a year later and no delete! I have contacted them every way possible always with a "NO" response. So I decided to try the CFPB.

I gave them the acct # so they should be able to tell who I am and what account it is.

It does give me the option to dispute their response. I could try scanning it from my credit report again with the date they received my debt and the date it was apid along with the account number......I just hate to give duplicate info. But I guess I can.........thoughts?

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 6 of 10
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Yes, be clear you are providing the information they require.  This tactic (stalling) is not uncommon.  I have experienced it myself with CFPB complaints.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can always initiate your own legal action for breach of oral contract, and ask as part of discovery their phone recordation of the conversation.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing with Midland and Calvary porfoilio waiting for asnwer from them.  Just keeping my fingers cross, I paid them already.

Message 9 of 10
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

You can always initiate your own legal action for breach of oral contract, and ask as part of discovery their phone recordation of the conversation.

The cannot find my phone conversation....imagine that?!

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.