Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB SUCCESS, HOW LONG?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFPB SUCCESS, HOW LONG?

I filed a complaint with the CFPB about a month ago. The acct in question was a ambulance bill from late 2010 that I had no knowledge of. I had attempted to dispute the acct about 4 times with no luck. Always the same response. "We have investigated the acct and find that it belongs to you". 2 days ago I received an email stating that the collection co. has responded to the complaint. I logged into my CFPB acct and was pleasantly suprised to read that "due to my filing the complaint with the CFPB in a formal manner, my acct has been coded for deletion from my credit report ". I am so greatful for these boards and all the info I have gathered to benefit my financial situation. My question is, has anyone had similar success and if so how long did it actually take for it to be deleted?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CFPB SUCCESS, HOW LONG?

I've had success with getting a collection removed and it came off in about a week. YEMV.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.