Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB Success....47 Pts.!!!!

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

CFPB Success....47 Pts.!!!!

• I had an old CO with Capital One that I settled at the end of June. It was for $2009 and the CL was only $200. I settled for $500 with an outsourced CA.

• Capital One said it would take them 90 days to update the CRA's???!!! I thought that was absolutely ridiculous...90 days???  Smiley Frustrated

• I found out about the CFPB through MyFico and immediately sent a dispute about the balance; I also attached a PDF of the settlement letter and a screen shot of the electronically debited check.

• CFPB requires creditors and CA's to respond within 15 days: I sent my dispute in on July 10th, got a mailed letter from Cap1 on July 15th. I got an alert on July 23rd (*see below). That was fast!
  • CFPB works!

• This account was affecting my utiization bad; simulators said I was using over 1000% of my available credit. My SDFCU secured card just reported too; so I went from using 1000% to 9% util. Finally out of the high 500 bucket. I'm so...happy!

Curious: Why did Cap1 fill in the calendar with "FP" ...it didn't report that before? Will the "FP's" affect my score, or does it matter?

http://

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
1LNurse
Established Member

Re: CFPB Success....47 Pts.!!!!

WooHoo! good news! Sometimes these creditors do devious things just because. As long as it is not affecting your score now...you all good!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.