Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB help please...what do I select?

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

CFPB help please...what do I select?

Hi,

I went to do the CFPB complaint today and I have no idea of what I am suppose to select!

Complaint against 2 PRA and 1 Midland.  I'm guessing I would select other for Debt Collector?

Reason for complaint?
PRA and Midland are listed in the wrong section on the CR (negative accounts, instead of collections), PLUS other things are wrong on how they are reporting.

I'm not sure what to select:
Communications Tactic, Continued attempts to collect a debt that isn't mine (I know not this one), Disclousure verification of debt, False Statement or representation, Improper Contact or sharing of information (I know not this one), Taking or threatening illegal action.

PLUS what do I select after I select one of the above?  I'm so confused on doing this complaint! LOL 

Everytime I've disputed via CRA it's come back verified (had nothing to do with dispute).

Thanks for any help!

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CFPB help please...what do I select?

I would assume "False Statement or representation" if they won't update it properly. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would assume "False Statement or representation" if they won't update it properly. 

+1...I would agree.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure where "other" is showing but the first choice would be "Credit reporting" under Products and Services, the second would be "Incorrect information on my credit report" then your final category and your written complaint.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While they are a debt collector, the basis for your complaint is a violation of the FCRA, not the FDCPA.

Go to the Credit Reporting main menu, and select account information as the nature of the complaint.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.