Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CFPB question

So I called this morning to get some info. The run down the CSR gave me was basically a complaint is filed. That complaint is then sent to the company where the company responds to the complaint. Some companies will just choose to have the complaint dropped and give the consumer what they're asking. This doesn't mean the CFPB did anything or will do anything. It just means the company chooses not to deal with it.
He said some companies will fight tooth and nail and won't budge on a complaint and will stick to their guns. Those complaints are then closed and sent to a third party for review. If any laws are broken that's where the fines come in.
I sighted my case as its been going on for 8 months with numerous complaints against the same company.
I asked at what point does the consumer finally get relief from breaking the FCRA regulations. He couldn't answer that and said it takes time. I asked am I looking at 1yr, 2yrs etc. he couldn't answer that question only it takes time.
So while they are in essence like the BBB, the only difference is they will review the complaint by a third party and fine companies who break the FRCA guild lines, but it takes time. So I'll be stuck with the midland thing for who knows how long on my CR.
That's about the extent of it.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting. Good to have clarification
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I called CFPB and gave more info to clear any issues and even the lady from CFPB said they will certainly handle this issue with this creditor...CFPB sees that they are trying to avoid CFPB by selling a paid collection to another collector. I showed proof and hoping for some movement soon Smiley Happy Will update once I hear of something.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.