cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB worked!!!!... Another collection bites the dust!!!!!

tag
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

CFPB worked!!!!... Another collection bites the dust!!!!!

I had a JDB place a collection on my credit report in October. The name is Enhanced acquisitions Llc. Never received a letter from them prior. As a matter of fact on my credit report they stated they could get in contact with me. I sent a DV letter via BBB. They responded by saying they would cease and desist the account which I never asked!!!

long story short I filed a CFPB complaint in December and received a response back today they will remove the trade line from credit bureaus!!!!!! Yaay!!! 

But whats interesting in the letter was the excuse they made something like they are just a servicing company for debt collectors and their job is just to add the accounts to credit bureaus nit to contact the true party!!!! This doesnt even sound legal.

Anyway thank God they are gone!!!! This board is Godsent!!! Simply amazing!!!!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CFPB worked!!!!... Another collection bites the dust!!!!!

@Infiniti515 wrote:

I had a JDB place a collection on my credit report in October. The name is Enhanced acquisitions Llc. Never received a letter from them prior. As a matter of fact on my credit report they stated they could get in contact with me. I sent a DV letter via BBB. They responded by saying they would cease and desist the account which I never asked!!!

long story short I filed a CFPB complaint in December and received a response back today they will remove the trade line from credit bureaus!!!!!! Yaay!!! 

But whats interesting in the letter was the excuse they made something like they are just a servicing company for debt collectors and their job is just to add the accounts to credit bureaus nit to contact the true party!!!! This doesnt even sound legal.

Adding negatives to ones CR with no intent on collecting sounds like a fraudulent operation to me. Grats on getting it removed Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 25
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

gdale6 wrote:

Infiniti515 wrote:

Adding negatives to ones CR with no intent on collecting sounds like a fraudulent operation to me. Grats on getting it removed Smiley Happy

Gdale6 - 
I agree with you something fishy is going on. I just wanted to share this information in case anyone out there gets these people on their credit report that they are aware of what the company is about. 

Message 3 of 25
toi34
Established Contributor

The CFPB is a God send! I have cleaned-up my reports using them as a source --  I even beat Midland using the CFPB! Congrats!

Message 4 of 25
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

The CFPB is a God send! I have cleaned-up my reports using them as a source --  I even beat Midland using the CFPB! Congrats!

Agree 100%. I always try to deal with the companies directly, but when I have a good claim & can't get movement, I've gone through CFPB with excellent results. Got rid of 

Midland and Asset Acceptance, worst of the worst, with CFPB complaints. Both companies came back with justifications, but removed their reporting immeiately thereafter. I just filed one against Capital One for misrepresenting my late history (payment made on July 6, due July 9th, credited as August payment, etc.). So thankful consumers now have this avenue when companies are misbehaving.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 5 of 25
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

Yes I agree 1000%. I have learned through these boards that the best consumer is an educated consumer, for example, these debt collectors will do what they want and they hope you just get scared and pay the debt because they throw it on your credit report.  The JDB's get away with it  if we dont learn our rights, they count on our ignorance. This was my 1st complaint via CFPB- this company was in violation and when I tried to deal with them directly, they were dismissive. Its great there are other avenues for consumers. Thank you everyone!!!!!

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ever remove it though?  I had the same issue with them and got the same response from CFPB and as of today they still have not removed it.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just filed a CFPB complaint on Southern California Edison. 

I had a outstanding balance of $75. I never received a final bill or anything; of course I moved and left no forwarding address. 

I paid the bill 6 years later and tried to GW them by fax, email, and snail mail. They wont budge at all.

I've disputed that account numerous times because they are reporting the wrong DOFD, but everytime they return the dispute with "verified or updated".

Service was also set up in my name fraudulantly and I had to pay the bill from that before they would give me service. I have tried telling them that I've never lived there and that during the time the fraud occured, I was living with my sister because I had just got out of the mililtary and moved back home that month. 

They have been impossible to deal with. So I filed a complaint. I haven't heard back about anything yet, and to be honest don't even know if anything can be done, but I'm pretty fed up with their crap. 

Message 9 of 25
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just filed a CFPB complaint on Southern California Edison. 

I had a outstanding balance of $75. I never received a final bill or anything; of course I moved and left no forwarding address. 

I paid the bill 6 years later and tried to GW them by fax, email, and snail mail. They wont budge at all.

I've disputed that account numerous times because they are reporting the wrong DOFD, but everytime they return the dispute with "verified or updated".

Service was also set up in my name fraudulantly and I had to pay the bill from that before they would give me service. I have tried telling them that I've never lived there and that during the time the fraud occured, I was living with my sister because I had just got out of the mililtary and moved back home that month. 

They have been impossible to deal with. So I filed a complaint. I haven't heard back about anything yet, and to be honest don't even know if anything can be done, but I'm pretty fed up with their crap. 

Yikes!   I think you should consider submitting a complaint to the state AG, Kamala Harris.   You might even consider sending some letters to Senators Feinstein & Boxer.   That is a poor way for a company to treat people serving their country.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.