Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARTER / BRIGHT HOUSE / CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOC / DOFD / FCRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHARTER / BRIGHT HOUSE / CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOC / DOFD / FCRA

Hello everyone,

I have a question/topic I am looking for feedback on.  I have a Collection Account from CPA with the original creditor being Bright House Networks (now Charter / Spectrum).  They have listed the "DATE OF FIRST DELINQUENCY" as 07/23/2014.  Now I have disputed this with the CRA's and CPA just auto verifies within a few HOURS.  I have disputed with them - NO RESPONSE.

Last week I sent a letter to the CEO/President of Charter.  They put me in touch with a Manager in Collections.  She verified to me that 07/23/2014 is the DATE OF DISCONNECT and that is the DOFD as far as they are concerned. I worked with her for 2 days and had her email me proof that my account was delinquent in 2010. (Balance carried forward every month - I always pay late) and partial payments.  She is not moving off her stance that the DATE OF DISCONNECT is the DOFD and that is what they send for ALL collections.

As I read the FCRA and Opinions from the FTC it CLEARLY spells out that DOFD is the date I fall behind and dont catch up immediate proceeding the account being placed in collection.  Now since I always paid my bill late, I was always late dating back to 2010. (If not longer) but have her email with statement amounts and payment amounts etc.  Nevery paying to get current.

Clearly I feel I am in the right here.  What's bigger is that they do this for EVERYONE's collection.  Willful disregard across the board for the FCRA rules and such.  With something this big - would not a lawyer put forth a class action suit, FTC investigate their collection practices.  Or should I just go it alone and file a lawsuit and take my damages that way.  Will take time, but feel this could be affecting hundreds of thousands of people.

Suggestions? Comments? Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHARTER / BRIGHT HOUSE / CREDIT PROTECTION ASSOC / DOFD / FCRA

what ended up happening? Any update? I'm in a simular situation seeking advice.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.