cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE charge off

tag
Jen2196

CHASE charge off

I was hoping someone could PM me with some info on how to get a charge off from Chase removed from my credit report. The card was opened in Feb 2001, date reported Aug 2008. Amount $2000. The dates are totally wrong because this account actually went to collections back in 2003 and was paid in full. I have disputed with Equifax back in 2008 and it was removed from my report when I checked it in 2010. Now this month I check my report again and it is back. I am so frustrated dealing with Equifax I would rather deal with Chase to see if I can get it removed but I don't even know how to start. Please help!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE charge off

@Jen2196 wrote:

I was hoping someone could PM me with some info on how to get a charge off from Chase removed from my credit report. The card was opened in Feb 2001, date reported Aug 2008. Amount $2000. The dates are totally wrong because this account actually went to collections back in 2003 and was paid in full. I have disputed with Equifax back in 2008 and it was removed from my report when I checked it in 2010. Now this month I check my report again and it is back. I am so frustrated dealing with Equifax I would rather deal with Chase to see if I can get it removed but I don't even know how to start. Please help!!

How is the Chase Card listed on the Equifax report? What is the date of the DOFD and what is the date reported as being paid?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.