Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK Scores - I just dont get

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

CK Scores - I just dont get

Scores took a nose dive in Sept due to increased utlization (storm damage repair) and Wally's midcycle reporting.  They should bounce back the beginning of this month.  I dont get how these trends compare (granted they are FAKO's).

Score trends.png

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CK Scores - I just dont get

My CK seems to have the whole yin/yang thing going on.   My Transrisk will go up as my Vantage goes down.   Then my insurability just yoyos in the middle.  Have yet to make any sense of it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 14
Jutz
Valued Contributor

This seems as appropriate a time as ever to ask:

Do you guys subscribe to multiple services? Why/Why not?  I have ScoreWatch, what advantages would I gain from other services I don't get from SW?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I use all the freeones and subscribe to SW, Quarterly update, USAA and experian. Usaa updates the quickest, I may drop experian now that my rehab is about done. USAA is not allowing daily pulls so that may go. If I drop usaa then ill probably keep experian.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
novabama
Frequent Contributor

I use Eliminate ID theft for 3 in 1 report (although not pretty I can at least get a new one every day) and Equifax complete advantage, plus all the free ones and myFICO EQ SW.. credit karma, credit sesame etc. I wish I'd started earlier so I couldv'e used USAA daily puller! I check them all religiously and they are in my favirites toolbar, haha. I actually do the rounds right when I get to work before I actually work... and sometimes get on here and don't do my work... and sometimes I can't wait that long so I will refresh at 11 pm or midnight or on my phone before I get to work! Hahaha. And the truth comes out. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@novabama wrote:

I use Eliminate ID theft for 3 in 1 report (although not pretty I can at least get a new one every day) and Equifax complete advantage, plus all the free ones and myFICO EQ SW.. credit karma, credit sesame etc. I wish I'd started earlier so I couldv'e used USAA daily puller! I check them all religiously and they are in my favirites toolbar, haha. I actually do the rounds right when I get to work before I actually work... and sometimes get on here and don't do my work... and sometimes I can't wait that long so I will refresh at 11 pm or midnight or on my phone before I get to work! Hahaha. And the truth comes out. Smiley Very Happy

I feel your pain, maybe we should start a support group!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 14
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Haha, so maybe I don't want all that? Smiley Tongue

I actually felt inspired and subscribed to quarterly monitoring.  I hadn't paid attention and didn't realize that was TU.  Was pretty happy to see a 600+ score for the first time anywhere in like 4 years.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 14
novabama
Frequent Contributor

and sometimes get on here and don't do my work... and sometimes I can't wait that long so I will refresh at 11 pm or midnight or on my phone before I get to work! Hahaha. And the truth comes out. Smiley Very Happy

I feel your pain, maybe we should start a support group!

I thought you might... I mean it's getting bad. I've never thought I was an addict before.Haha,  Maybe a new acronym for CA... Credits Anonymous!

Message 8 of 14
novabama
Frequent Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

Haha, so maybe I don't want all that? Smiley Tongue

Well here is where my problem came in... I already used sesame but it was just depressing because it doesn't show you what is affecting your score REALLY. So then I got on here and found the CMS thread and read all of them and picked the ones with free trials and EIDT because of the three. I bit the bullet and bought that because there was no trial and I needed my TU and EX reports. Well let me tell you Equifax Complete makes it SO easy to dispute, see old reports, compare etc that I thought I was going to die when my trial ran out. Well then after that I had been doing this for a little over a month and HAD to know my score so I finally sucked it up and got SW. Let me tell you too, I am the cheapest. I don't do any shopping or eating out without a coupon. And I couldn't find a code online for these prods... and I STILL paid full price. I just don't do that! The moral of the story...? Don't even get the free trials unless you're ready to become fico-obsessed!! Not for the faint of heart Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
I use all the freeones and subscribe to SW, Quarterly update, USAA and experian. Usaa updates the quickest, I may drop experian now that my rehab is about done. USAA is not allowing daily pulls so that may go. If I drop usaa then ill probably keep experian.

I called USAA yesterday and they gave me the unlimited pulls for 6 months for the discounted rate of $11.12.  Who knows what it will be after the 6 months, but I took it for the time being.  Hopefully I can investigate some other services the do the 3 credit pulls daily.  I just didn't feel like changing services right now.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.