Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLARITY PLEASE........Texas judement question

tag
mygoal750
Contributor

Re: CLARITY PLEASE........Texas judement question

No, he had a business that went south in 2001.  due to that, he defaulted on some credit cards and had judgments filed against him.  I refinanced in 2009 and this lien didn't show up on title then,but now that I'm refinancing again, it's appeared on this title search.  According to my loan officer, it was filed 4/21/05.  I don't know what to do.  If we ask for a pay-off amount, I'm afraid it will cause them to search for other judgments they may have against him.  I told my husband to pull his credit report today to see what's on it.  The mortgage is in my name only but the house is titled in both of our names.  My husband has a "stick his head in the sand" attitude about things like this.....just ignore it and it will go away.

Message 11 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CLARITY PLEASE........Texas judement question

It may very well not be on his CR but that is why lenders do a title search, looking for unpaid judgments.

You can ask for a settlement.  Since this was filed in 05, 8 years later, the interest alone is going to be horrendous.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.