cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLARITY PLEASE........Texas judement question

tag
tbucket101

CLARITY PLEASE........Texas judement question

Can someone please advise on when this, if it even will, drop from my credit rpts?..............Ive been told so many things and I can seem to get a answer from the research so far........Basically its an eviction judgement.......

Date Filed:

10/04/2006

Date Verified:

10/04/2006

Type:

CIVIL JUDGMENT

Responsibility:

Contractually Liable Debt

Plaintiff:

ARLINGTON REAL ESTATE

Amount:

$793

Court Type:

Circuit Court

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:

09/2013

So will it drop off as stated on 09/2013 or, never drop off as I have been told by some realtors?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Re: CLARITY PLEASE........Texas judement question

In the state of Texas the judgement can be renewed FOREVER until it is satisfied. Meaning: if you do not pay it then they can continue to report it/ renew it ever 7 years. I strongly suggest that you pay it off if you haven't already because it will not fall off otherwise.

Message 2 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tbucket101 wrote:

Can someone please advise on when this, if it even will, drop from my credit rpts?..............Ive been told so many things and I can seem to get a answer from the research so far........Basically its an eviction judgement.......

Date Filed:

10/04/2006

Date Verified:

10/04/2006

Type:

CIVIL JUDGMENT

Responsibility:

Contractually Liable Debt

Plaintiff:

ARLINGTON REAL ESTATE

Amount:

$793

Court Type:

Circuit Court

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:

09/2013

So will it drop off as stated on 09/2013 or, never drop off as I have been told by some realtors?

Any judgment, paid or not, will be excluded 7 years from the date filed.  When a judgment is renewed it is for the collection of the judgment and cannot be re-reported.

If it is a tax lien, it can stay until paid.  Then it will be excluded 7 years from date paid.

Message 3 of 12
tbucket101

OK, is it a safe assumption that a JUDGEMENT (Public Record finding) on a credit pull is far worse than just another collection,if its renewed, therefore when it "falls" off, my score SHOULD increase?

Message 4 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A judgment is one of the worst things to have.  But, because it is so old YMMV on the points you could receive when it is gone.

Message 5 of 12
tbucket101

Oh and when the judgement is excluded on the 7 yr mark, will the plantiff or courts be notified?....or is it up to the original petitioner to track/monitor/update?

Message 6 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The CRAs remove them based on the FCRA which states a judgment is removed 7 years from date filed, paid or unpaid.

Message 7 of 12
tbucket101

THANKS G'56!

Message 8 of 12
mygoal750
Contributor

G-56...you mentioned that after 7 yrs, a judgment is to fall off the credit report, paid or unpaid.  Can't the creditor file an continuation or extension of the judgment?  I'm in the process of refinancing my house and title found a judgment against my husband that was filed 4/21/05.  so, they filed a lien on our jointly owned property.  since the judgment is no longer valid, is the lien still valid?

Message 9 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mygoal750 wrote:

G-56...you mentioned that after 7 yrs, a judgment is to fall off the credit report, paid or unpaid.  Can't the creditor file an continuation or extension of the judgment?  I'm in the process of refinancing my house and title found a judgment against my husband that was filed 4/21/05.  so, they filed a lien on our jointly owned property.  since the judgment is no longer valid, is the lien still valid?

Just because it no longer reports doesn't mean it isn't valid.  They could have extended the collection time for the judgment.  Is this due to a tax lien?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.