Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Recon after a minimal increase?

tag
s2srea

CLI Recon after a minimal increase?

Hello Everyone! 

My BK was discharged a last may. I got a Secured Capitol One card shortly thereafter and have had it for 6 months. After paying in full every month, I requested a CLI. I recieved one, but only for $100. Should I do a recon and request more? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Re: CLI Recon after a minimal increase?

That is all they will give you on the secured card. After six months of having that card I was approved for the Quicksilver One card. I would apply for that if you think you can get approved. My QS1 card is 6 months old now, and I got a $1500 CLI...but your mileage may varry. 

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 2 of 7
BBforever
Established Member

Same with me! I had a secured Cap 1 card for 6 months and applied for QS1 and got approved last Monday at a staring CL of $1,000. It's in the mail now! Can't wait to start using and hopefully grow it for there!

You may want to try that. I think you'll have a better shot like that. Speak to them by phone. Good luck!

P.S. You earn cask back on the QS! :-)
Message 3 of 7
s2srea

Thank you Both! I have not heard of that card before. Will look into it today! Thanks again!

Message 4 of 7
s2srea

Does speaking via phone typically produce better results? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
s2srea

Hey guys! Wanted to update you all, I just called CapOne QuicksilverOne last night and got approved for a 3k line! Smiley Very Happy So stoked! Thanks for the advice! Now what??? lol

Message 6 of 7
s2srea

FYI, I ended up called via phone instead of applying online. Not sure if it actually helped or not, but I'm happy with the results!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.