Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI help UTL?

tag
navistar
Regular Contributor

CLI help UTL?

My Care Credit card holds a zero balance but as you can see in my sig, my UTL% is high. Does a CLI help with your overall credit or only help with that specific account if it holds a balance?

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI help UTL?

Your FICO score grades UTIL two different ways; overall and individual accounts. So if you get a CLI on an account that has a zero balance, it won't help individually, but it will bring your overall UTIL down. How much that will help your score depends on what your UTIL was before, how much this CLI lowers overall UTIL, etc.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@navistar wrote:

My Care Credit card holds a zero balance but as you can see in my sig, my UTL% is high. Does a CLI help with your overall credit or only help with that specific account if it holds a balance?

Helps with util on that card if there was a balance and the CL goes into the aggregate to help with overall util.

Message 3 of 4
navistar
Regular Contributor

What CRA does GE Care Credit pull from for CLI?

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.