Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on secured card

tag
SirTilus
Contributor

CLI on secured card

I opened up my Cap1 app today to make a payment that's due next month and realized my limit was increased to $600! I started off with $300 secured and it doubled. I didn't think they would do an increase on it. In fact I remember requesting a CLI and they denied it saying that type of account doesn't get CLIs....I wonder how did that happen. Any ideas? Will it update on my credit report?

KT
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI on secured card

They'll do 1 automated CLI on the secured card. They don't do customer requested CLI. It'll update the next time your card report
Message 2 of 6
enragedjerry
Contributor

Ive had a cap1 secured card with a limit of $300 for over a year now and twice I have asked for a limit increase and they say it isnt possible on a secured card. Any thought? BTW I have never been late or missed a payment.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the information will show on your report. I had my Cap1 card for 28 months now and they increased my limit sometime within the first year. Since then I have not have any increases. I was looking at my TransUnion report I got from annual credit report a couple of days ago. It's showing that Capital One has been doing Promotional Inquiries for the past 8 months. Not sure what does that mean. Good luck with the card.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes the information will show on your report. I had my Cap1 card for 28 months now and they increased my limit sometime within the first year. Since then I have not have any increases. I was looking at my TransUnion report I got from annual credit report a couple of days ago. It's showing that Capital One has been doing Promotional Inquiries for the past 8 months. Not sure what does that mean. Good luck with the card.

Have you checked the prequal to see if you are eligible for any other Cap 1 product?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think a few years ago I opted out for the pre-approved offers. CapOne is checking my report every month for the last eight months. Checked their site right now and got "we couldn't match your records to a card offer." Then they suggest three cards. QuicksilverOne, Platinum, and secured.

Right now I'm happy with my Discover and AMEX cards, not sure if I need any more.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.