Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI with 2 recent baddies

tag
Trying37
Valued Member

CLI with 2 recent baddies

I have been working on my credit for the past couple of years, but last year was a bit busy due to the planning of our wedding. During that time, I irresponsibly let two bills (Verizon and Time Warner - final bill) go into collections; however, I didn't miss any payments on my credit card, revolving, or installment acconts. (I'm kicking myself by the way). I have since paid the Time Warner bill, but Verizon Wireless still has an outstanding balance.

I requested CLIs on my Walmart, AX Everyday, and Victoria Secret cards (all soft pulls) to lower my util (42%) while I continue to pay down balances from the wedding, but was declined for all three. The Verizon and Time Warner baddies have only been on my credit report for 6 and 8 months respectively. Should I wait until these age a little more in order to be approved for CLI's? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Re: CLI with 2 recent baddies

Speaking in terms of the Walmart acct only: it could be your util that's hurting you more so than the lates. I say this because my last late payment was 8 months ago, util was at 6% and I just got a CLI on my Wal-Mart card, which the starting limit was $400 and is now $3500 after I requested the CLI. Only had the card for 2 months now.Try to get your util down and try again. Best Wishes!
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 2 of 3
Trying37
Valued Member

Re: CLI with 2 recent baddies

Thanks! You may be right about Walmart especially since my balance on that card is over 30% of my limit. I should be receiving the letter soon and I'm thinking that is what they'll tell me. 

In any event, I tried my luck with Discover and received a small CLI after receiving the 2 day message. I should have everything paid off by next month so I'll try again with the other cards then. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.