Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI

I have three revolving secured credit cards for six months. I have asked for CLI with no luck. There telling me I need to wait a year.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I have three revolving secured credit cards for six months. I have asked for CLI with no luck. There telling me I need to wait a year.

Don't worry about CLI's on secured cards. You'll close those accounts anyway (if they don't graduate) as you replace them with unsecured cards.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried shooting over to the Capital One site? See if you Pre-Qaulify for a card.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check Capital One and yes I am prequalified. What's the benefit with having unsecured vs secured credit cars?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I check Capital One and yes I am prequalified. What's the benefit with having unsecured vs secured credit cars?

Secured cards usually don't mature"become unsecured" and you have to make more deposits to make it bigger. Unsecured, they give you a limit and then give you increases throughout the life of the card without a deposit. I'm sure someone else with expertise can explain it more in detail.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a capital one secured card tonight and was approved for 3K. I am so happy about this.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction- unsecured card..........))))
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the obvious is you get your security back to use for other purposes - like settling other debts. The less obvious is periodic CLI's as your credit improves.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.