Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMI-Comcast Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMI-Comcast Collection

CMI is reporting a collection that is paid and is due to come off in Sept. 2010.  Should I GW them or just let it come off on it's own?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CMI-Comcast Collection

I would GW them.
Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would GW them.
Message 2 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I normally dont advise against MODs, but you can try DV'ing them as well if you havent already. I was able to get them deleted this way!  Good LucK!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting absolutely nowhere with CMI. I have sent GW letters and an email.

I did contact Comcast through Planetfeedback and finally did get a response from CMI.

They stated they are updating my account to show it has been paid in full. It has been reporting paid in full since 2003. 

In the letter from CMI, they have Time Warner listed, should I try to contact them? Comcast was the oc, but, Time Warner must've taken over in the area.

Would DV work?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi--what letter did you use for the already paid DV...I was going to do that with LVNV?

thanks

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk to TimeWarner directly, send an e-mail to higher ups and a snail-mail GW asking them to please contact CMI to have this account removed from your credit report as you've paid the debt in full and look forward to doing future business with them.

I had a CMI collection deleted from my account successfully by going this route, albeit was with Charter and not TimeWarner - and the $33 they had in collections was for equipment I had returned, but still, it wasn't very tough and I think if you keep contacting various people at TimeWarner, it will drop off.

Persistence is key!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try emailing Time Warner. I currently am a customer. This is my last collection on my credit report and I  just want it gone. The other 5 I had were so easy to get deleted.

Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Good Luck. I am trying to get the CMI/Comcast Paid collection out of CR for the last 2 years with no luck. I have tried contacting both Comcast and CMI. Nothing happend so far.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to thank everyone for their help and suggestions on the forums.

I typed out a new letter for Time Warner. Any feedback would be great.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently a customer of Time Warner and have been very happy with the services. I am writing you today in regards to an old account from 2003. The account number is: .

During that time we were moving and must have overlooked the bill. Once I realized the oversight, the bill was paid., and the equipment returned. I am asking for a goodwill adjustment be made removing the item from my credit report.

My family and I are hoping to purchase a home in the near future. Having this removed will greatly help my scores. Thank you for your time with this matter.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.