Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMI re-reported account after PFD w OC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMI re-reported account after PFD w OC

Last year I spotted a collections account (and a deliquent account from the Original Creditor) on my report.  I contacted the original account owner, and arranged a PFD.  They agreed, and I paid the account in full.  Shortly after that, both the delinquent account listing (from the OC) and the collections account were removed from my credit report. (I verified by buying a copy of the report).

Now, fast forward 11 months, and the Collections Agency has added a new entry to my credit report.  It's under "other accounts" and shows the debt of approx 100 dollars (full amount I owed and paid), and under "notes" says: Collection Account.

However, when I scroll to the bottom of the report, under Collections Accounts, it says "you have no collections accounts"

???!!  How is the collection agency allowed to backdoor the collection entry like this?  It's preventing me from securing a loan, I really need to get this off of my report.  I've intitiaed a dispute w Equifax, but still waiting for the 30 days to finish on that (no response yet).  Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CMI re-reported account after PFD w OC

Does it say it is still owed or does it show paid?

Wait unitl the dispute with the CRAs is completed before doing anything else.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's listed under two headings (the headings are right on type of one another, it isn't a separate section).  The section heading is "Other Accounts" and immediately below that is another heading, "Closed Accounts"

But then in the "Type of Account" line within the actual entry, it says "open account".  Under "Status" and "Current Status", nothing at all is listed.  And, get this, it lists the date the account was opened as 2 years after the CA bought the debt.  Re-aging I guess.  So the listing makes it appear that they are the original creditor, and I opened an account w them 2 years after they bought the original debt??  They call themselves a "factoring company" under Type of Loan:

But we all know CMI is NOT an original creditor of any type, they are a collection agency.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Open is how all collections are listed.  Nothing incorrect in that.  Re-aging comes from changing the DoFD.

Does it say paid or nothing at all.

Why were they removed in the first place?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not say paid, it says nothing at all.

The entries were originally removed becaues I paid the debt in full, and had an agreement with the original creditor to remove the entry(s).

As I mentioned above, this is not a case of the original entries re-appearing; under 'Collections Accounts" it still says "you have no collections on file".  This is a totally new entry, referencing the paid debt as if the collection agency was the orig creditor.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.