Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMI success!! Woohoo!!

tag
Kidcat
Established Contributor

CMI success!! Woohoo!!

After many years of letter writing and direct disputes with EX which continuously came back verfieid, I received the following e-mail from CMI General Counsel today:

"Regarding the paid-in-full letter that you previously received, our agent mistakenly sent you the wrong letter in response to your payment-for-deletion request.  She intended to send you a letter notifying you that we do not accept such arrangements.  I can certainly understand why that would have been confusing.

After conducting further investigation on the legitimacy of your dispute, however, it appears that your account may have been placed with us in error.  The itemizations I am reviewing from Time Warner Cable indicate that your previous balance for the account servicing xxxx x xxxxxx Ave was transferred to your account at xxxx xxxxxx Ave.  The latter account was paid, but we were never notified of that payment by TWC.  

As of today we will be withdrawing the account from our office and sending a deletion request to the credit reporting bureaus. "

It's sort of bitter sweet because I was willing to pay a debt that I knew I did not owe just to have it off my report.  Its scary the trouble erroneous information can cause, and it's sad that so few in the process were willing to investigate as this gentelman did.  

BTW-  It probably helped that I threatened legal action.  Thanks for the hlep on this board which led me to try email instead of just following up with yet another letter.   

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CMI success!! Woohoo!!

Wow!   Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
jmco
Contributor

Great news!!! Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Hopefully I will see a slight bump in my score.  5 others were deleted from EX earlier this month.  I just have First Premiere (PIF) trying for PFD and a student loan which I know is duplicate.  Just waiting for the lender to produce 2 promissory notes, which I know they will not be able to, and when they can't I will hopefully have the duplicate one deleted.  The original one was consolidated years ago and those are "pays as agrees".  For some reason EX was the worst.  

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 4 of 5
mullo_2
Established Member

Another cmi victory ......congrats

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.