Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMRE Collection successfully DELETED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMRE Collection successfully DELETED

Just checked CCT to find that CMRE collection deleted off of Experian. Can't wait to see what the score bump will be even if it's just 1 point.

I had uploaded a copy of my EOB that I received last week showing that it was paid on my behalf. I found out the funds were being held as a part of the billing/medicare fraud investigation, and interestingly enough, upon looking at the EOB, they didn't list the charges to the insurance company EITHER. They billed as "miscellaneous operating procedures". I was seen for pneumonia, so I had a chest x-ray, was negative, given a bronchiitis swab, tested positive, given a script and sent on my way. This explains why the hospital refused to send me an itemized bill!

I hope to see the same outcome from TransUnion soon. 

Unfortunately I still have a bunch of late remarks on my paid student loans hanging out there, but they are all pretty old and have no impact on my getting a mortgage. I'll be really happy when those fall off.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CMRE Collection successfully DELETED

Congrats.  It's always a great feeling to have one less baddie on your report. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As I understand the post, it was ultimately paid by insurance.

The CRAs entered into a consent order with the office of the AG of several states, in which they agreed to remove collections that are paid via medical insurance.

That consent decree was also incorporated into a PR document released by the CRAs, titled the "National Consumer Assistance Plan," that announced their procedure to remove collections paid via insurance.

Each of the big-3 CRAs were covered under both the consent agreements and the National Consumer Assistance Plan, so removal should occur with each CRA. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the removal!
Yes, that's a long wait watching old mistakes fall away
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

As I understand the post, it was ultimately paid by insurance.

The CRAs entered into a consent order with the office of the AG of several states, in which they agreed to remove collections that are paid via medical insurance.

That consent decree was also incorporated into a PR document released by the CRAs, titled the "National Consumer Assistance Plan," that announced their procedure to remove collections paid via insurance.

Each of the big-3 CRAs were covered under both the consent agreements and the National Consumer Assistance Plan, so removal should occur with each CRA. 

Correct, however, the funds were intercepted and held, as it is believed to be a part of the billing fraud scheme, so the hospital never "received" it, according to them, and have no record of having been paid.

I still am waiting on TransUnion's response on the matter. I can only hope I don't have to take any further action on this mess.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.