Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMRE Financial - PFD?

tag
SassyGirl5401
Established Member

CMRE Financial - PFD?

Has anyone been successful with a PFD with CMRE? This is a medical collection. I am trying to figure out what the best course of action will be so I can get this to go away.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: CMRE Financial - PFD?

In my experience they are very responsive to PFD. I sent them a PFD offer by certified mail and they responded around a week later saying they would delete the collection if. I made full payment. Sent them a cashiers check and the collection was removed around 20 days after they received the check.

Message 2 of 17
SassyGirl5401
Established Member

That is great to know! Looks like I will give PDF a try and see where it takes me.

Message 3 of 17
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

Yes, they  were very easy for me to work with. I was able to get them to settle for less than the amount and still delete on 3 accounts. I have a contact if you like. She was very helpful and deleted with in a week. PM me if you would like name and contact info.

Thanks!!!

@SassyGirl5401 wrote:

That is great to know! Looks like I will give PDF a try and see where it takes me.

Message 4 of 17
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@kezia2410 wrote:

Yes, they  were very easy for me to work with. I was able to get them to settle for less than the amount and still delete on 3 accounts. I have a contact if you like. She was very helpful and deleted with in a week. PM me if you would like name and contact info.

Thanks!!!

How much did you settle for? I'm going to be sending them a PFD for 25% of the amount owed ($96.25), from a debt with a DOD of 9/2/2010. Was your contact Vanessa Baker? Because she seemed very nice the first time I spoke with her, but recently received a letter from her "re-confirming" a payment commitment that I never made.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 5 of 17
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@kezia2410 wrote:

Thanks!!!

How much did you settle for? I'm going to be sending them a PFD for 25% of the amount owed ($96.25), from a debt with a DOD of 9/2/2010. Was your contact Vanessa Baker? Because she seemed very nice the first time I spoke with her, but recently received a letter from her "re-confirming" a payment commitment that I never made.

No I spoke with Brooklyn. I had 2 accounts totaling almost $900 abnd they settled for $700 for both and the account were deleted within 2 weeks from all bureaus.

Message 6 of 17
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@kezia2410 wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

No I spoke with Brooklyn. I had 2 accounts totaling almost $900 abnd they settled for $700 for both and the account were deleted within 2 weeks from all bureaus.

If you still have the information, would you mind PM-ing me the contact number/email for Brooklyn? Also, did you send it via snail mail, email, or did you have a phone conversation? And how old was the debt?

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 7 of 17
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@kezia2410 wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

If you still have the information, would you mind PM-ing me the contact number/email for Brooklyn? Also, did you send it via snail mail, email, or did you have a phone conversation? And how old was the debt?

I'll pm the contact info. It was from 2012 medical collections. I sent the letter offering an amount and pfd and they sent a letter back. So I called and the transferred me to her. I told her I couldn't pay it then so she gave me her direct number. I called her a few weeks later and paid over the phone and she sent a letter to me a week later. We did the same for my fiance but he just called and asked for pfd. and she faxed his letter of deletion to him once he paid.

Message 8 of 17
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@kezia2410 wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

I'll pm the contact info. It was from 2012 medical collections. I sent the letter offering an amount and pfd and they sent a letter back. So I called and the transferred me to her. I told her I couldn't pay it then so she gave me her direct number. I called her a few weeks later and paid over the phone and she sent a letter to me a week later. We did the same for my fiance but he just called and asked for pfd. and she faxed his letter of deletion to him once he paid.

Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it! This is just one of the 10 medical collections I need to get off my report, so it's good no know someone has had success! Smiley Happy Thank you!

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am attempting to settle with CMRE as well. May you please PM me the contact info (email/phone) for the contact you used for your PFD. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.