Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMRE Financial - PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CMRE Financial - PFD?

Could you please pm me the information to send in the pfd letter. I actually tried to send one in a while back and never got a response. Also how much should I try and settle for? I actually have 2 collections with them totaling for about 1100 dollars. When the send a letter back to me or will I have to call them?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also looking for CMRE email contact information, thanks.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

if anyone has the email contact info still that would be great if you could pm me.  thanks in advance.

Message 13 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For medical debt you have some options. These are the things you would do to settle the matter.

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 14 of 17
thejessulator
Valued Member

Those who have been successful in a PFD with these guys - how long did it take for you to hear back from them?  I sent a PFD beginning of March and I thought since I live maybe an hour from their office, it would get to them quickly and I would hear back super fast.  Still nothing.  Maybe I have the address wrong (I used what is on my CR) or I should try email?  

Thanks!

Message 15 of 17
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

I contacted them via phone.  I know it's much safer to write but all my PFD's have been through phone calls where I've never admitted the debt was mine nor denied it.  They first told me that they didn't do pfd's and I basically said "Okay, good to know.  I thank you for your trouble.  I think I'm going to have to skip to the next thing showing up on my credit report and give them a try.  My credit attorney would be furious if she even knew that I'd contacted you."

They put me on hold and came back with a 'yes' of PFD.  I asked them to fax a letter to the house that moment stating they would honor it, which they did, and paid them over the phone.  Was off by the next time the credit bureaus updated.  So it can be done.  Not sure how it works with mail though.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kezia2410,

I have a medical bill in collections that I would be happy to pay in full if only I could get it deleted off of my credit. Do you have a sample PFD? Also, can I get your contact? I havent had much luck with the one I was going to work with

Thank you

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.