Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMRRR TO PO BOX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMRRR TO PO BOX

Does any one if I can CMRRR to a po box?  I am going to send out my pre hippa letters and I can only find po box for TU_EQ_EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CMRRR TO PO BOX

It is OK.
Message 2 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does any one if I can CMRRR to a po box? I am going to send out my pre hippa letters and I can only find po box for TU_EQ_EX

Good question. Who would sign for it?
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 5
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Does any one if I can CMRRR to a po box? I am going to send out my pre hippa letters and I can only find po box for TU_EQ_EX

Good question. Who would sign for it?

The person who picks up the mail has to sign for it in order to take it.  Could be a secretary, a messenger or anyone the addressee selects as his "agent" for the purpose.  

It may be a few days or a week or more until someone who is willing to sign for it shows up and does the deed.  Have patience.

Best of luck.

atlast......
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a person who has a PO Box and who has sent and received a number of CMRRR letters, let me answer this:

When a CMRRR letter is addressed to a post office box, the mail sorter places it in a designated spot behind the counter at the post office, and he places a yellow card in the post office box.

When someone comes to collect the mail from the box, they find the yellow card which says "Take this to the counter to pick up your mail." It has a series of check boxes on it to indicate if the object was not left in the box because it is too big, because a signature was required, etc. (But in my experience the clerks never check any of these boxes.)

The person takes the yellow card to the counter, the postal clerk goes someplace out of sight for a couple of minutes and returns with the CMRRR letter. The customer then signs the card and takes the letter.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.