Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNAC or WEB/BANK Midland

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

CNAC or WEB/BANK Midland

Do anyone or have anyone dealth with CNAC financial?  I co-signed for an auto loan with someone and they end up in a bad siutation and I am just learning their car is on my report for 7k.  I am seeking to negotiate with them.  Also, I have a collection that hit my report from a WEBBANK and am not sure who this is but will dispute but wanted to know if anyone ever dealt with them or Midland.  The only purchases I have made in the lase 2 years have been 2 auto loans which are in good standings, a personal loan which have been paid in full and my recent fingerhut and 2 credit cards.  I dont need anything to detour my home ownership in the 6 months.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CNAC or WEB/BANK Midland

WEBBANK should have sent you dunning notice within 5 days after reporting their collection, providing you the name of the current owner of the debt, and advising of your DV rights.  Did you receive dunning notice?

Message 2 of 7
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

I have received nothing.  I pulled my credit report and they were there.  I have no clue who they are

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then I would send a DV request to the address provided in your credit report, making sure to include both a request for verification of the debt and the name of the orignal creditor.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Fingerhut account? FH uses Webank

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kimberly68. Ive had success with CNAC in the past. I went trough a BK in 2010 and they were paid off trough the BK. I was never late but for some reason it was reporting as a negative account for me and my wife. I disputed it through all 3 CRA on line and it was deleted after 30 days. They never challenged the disputes. If you work a payment out with them maybe they will be willing to delete. Its worth a try, maybe a PFD.

Message 6 of 7
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

@NormanFH--this is my first Fingerhut account and the balance is $64--$23 down from the original balance.  Since I pay more than the $11 due monthly.  @Mylifenow--thanks, I have tried contacting the person who I co-signed for to no avail.  I will contact them to see if we can settle the account.  I dont want to pay 7k but am willing to negotiate a reasonable amount.   Thanks again. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.