Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Deleted Wrong (Positive) TL

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

CO Deleted Wrong (Positive) TL

I have been battling with my former Credit Union for almost a year over an incorrect TL on my CR's.  I had to Visa cards with them and one of the 2 was reporting incorrectly and inaccurately (the other was positive).  After getting the Mass Division of Banking involved, the Credit Union agreed to delete.  I have everything in writing including their commitment to do so.  I have been monitoring my reports and I finally reached out to them 10 days ago and they said they would send in the request again, and report back to me by 5/10.  After taking s closer look at my reports, I now realize they deleted the wrong (Positive) TL.

My question is what are my options when it comes to the TL they deleted?  In spite of their ineptitude, I feel rather confident I will eventually see the derog TL removed.  The incorrectly deleted TL will not have a positive impact if added back, but if needed I would like to cite an appropriate violation and use that as leverage to have them do what they committed to do.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CO Deleted Wrong (Positive) TL

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

I have been battling with my former Credit Union for almost a year over an incorrect TL on my CR's.  I had to Visa cards with them and one of the 2 was reporting incorrectly and inaccurately (the other was positive).  After getting the Mass Division of Banking involved, the Credit Union agreed to delete.  I have everything in writing including their commitment to do so.  I have been monitoring my reports and I finally reached out to them 10 days ago and they said they would send in the request again, and report back to me by 5/10.  After taking s closer look at my reports, I now realize they deleted the wrong (Positive) TL.

My question is what are my options when it comes to the TL they deleted?  In spite of their ineptitude, I feel rather confident I will eventually see the derog TL removed.  The incorrectly deleted TL will not have a positive impact if added back, but if needed I would like to cite an appropriate violation and use that as leverage to have them do what they committed to do.

This happens quite frequently. There is no violation here, I would just make them aware that they deleted the wrong one and they still need to remove the correct one. You can also ask them to re-report it if you want it but you have stated that it will not have a positive impact if re-reported so I would just let it lay.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.