Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO Help

Ok, im trying to take care of this.  I called the bank who the account was with, and they have sold it to a law firm in 2005.  That law firm went out of business, and their accounts went to another firm, who closed, and moved their accounts to a third.  The third firm does not have any record of my account.  The bank won't take payment, and nobody can find my account.   What do I do???
Message 11 of 16
adamseve
Established Contributor

Sounds like you're actually in a good position since no one can adequately verify the account, particularly the 3rd firm who has no records. 

If I were you I'd DV the company listed on your CR using CMRR.  As soon as you receive the GC back then you should dispute with the CRA.  Since no one can provide the required documents to validate the debt it should be deleted from your CR.

Sounds easy, but it may or may not work this way.  Keep your fingers crossed and let us know what happens if you decide to go this route.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed it before, and it came back verified.  I've been on the phone all day, and nobod can find this.  How is it coming back verified???
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add that the second place had no record as well.  Now they have referred me to a 4th firm, which still has no record.   This is really aggravating.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

here is an update.
The credit union that is reporting the charge off still cannot locate where my account was sold to.  Its still reporting a balance, and they are still reporting late charges, even though they "sold" the account in 2005.  They verified the account via a dispute with equifax and experian.  nothing on transunion though.

What do I do now?  Please help.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

anybody?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.