Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO and mortgage

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

CO and mortgage

Morning everyone!! Can anyone tell me if a mortgage lender can see an old collection that has fallen off credit report?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: CO and mortgage

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Morning everyone!! Can anyone tell me if a mortgage lender can see an old collection that has fallen off credit report?

If it's not on your credit report, I don't see how they would see it.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:

They could request a factual report, but unlikely.

Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. I forget the name of it, but there is a way they can see unpaid debt, even though it is not listed on the report.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I read that trine the report using Kroll or Credco will show all debt good and bad no matter how old , that it goes back to the beginning . If this is true how does anyone rebuild and move forward
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt most lenders would bother with that.
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Under FCRA 605(b), all of the normal credit report exclusion periods are exempted if the creditor requests a full credit report with respect to a consumer request for credit in an amount of $150K or more.  That means that any excluded derogs can be included in the report.

As a matter of practice, creditors rarely request such full factual credit reports, apparently having little concern for derogs that old.

In my decade here on on the forum, I have only seen four or five references to actual full factual pulls by creditors.

It is very unlikely.

More likely is the possibility that they may request a listing of any unpaid, delinquency debt.

Was the old collection paid or unpaid?

Message 7 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Unpaid, Comcast and sudden link . Both have fallen off and. I would like to pay but not sure Who I pay!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.