CO finally off TU--rebucketed :( 18 pt loss

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: CO finally off TU--still on EQ

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

You won't be rebucketed until the last negative on your reports is gone.

Does it happen as the last collection falls off or is it a change that you would notice on future changes to your report. I mean I had my last collection drop result in a increase. Now that I am completely baddie free will I notice bigger decreases in score with higher utilization or inquiries, etc?

Once you are rebucketed you are being compared to others who have basically the same credit profile as you but their information is a bit older; thus they're likely to have a better score.

As your profile ages you move up the ladder in your new group. Any future negatives should be avoided like the proverbial plague.

But don't overthink any of this. Do all the right things, i.e. always pay on time, keep your revolving utilization properly managed, don't apply for credit you don't need, etc. and your score will be just fine and continue to improve.

Try to look at rebucketing as a glass half full situation. It means your credit situation has improved and in the long run this will help you.

Thank you, that makes sense. Even though I had that increase I think I went into a different score bracket because now my negative contributing factors in order are 1. recent account, 2. short account history, and 3. accounts with balances. Has me freaked out because I have my NFCU CC that has not hit my report yet. Hopefully the high limit will offset whatever hit I take.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 21 of 22
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: CO finally off TU--rebucketed :( 18 pt loss

I think the only way forme to fix it is to open some accounts. I get hit if all cc's report zero balance and I can't pay off SLs or car note. I have old note that falls off next month and cap1 to report so I need to add 1 cc to mix and let it report zero balance. Damn FICO games!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.