Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO payments.

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

CO payments.

I'm going to call 1st Financial Bank tomorrow to talk to them about setting up payments to begin paying off my charged-off card. Fortunately, they haven't sold my account to a debt collector so I will get to work with the OC.

Right now they are reporting $5600something on my $4900 limit. As I make payments... they should be updating my new balance, correct?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CO payments.

Yes they should.  But when you call politely remind them to please do so.

Message 2 of 4
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Will do! Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, they have a statutory requirement to timely update their reporting so as to maintain its accuracy.  It is common to ignore continued update of balance, but they do have a requirement to do so.

They may also choose to reduce your CL as the debt is paid down, thus reducing their future risk.

If they reduce CL, then you may not see a reduction in % util even though the balance is reduced.

You also might ask for their agreement not to refer the account for collection as long as you continue to make timely payments on whatever plan you negotiate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.