Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO then OK then CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CO then OK then CO

Can a creditor legally report a charge off, then the following month or month's report OK, then report CO again?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO then OK then CO

Oh I just had one update with a new "CO" update after not having reported monthly for almost 3 years. Yay me!! Wasn't that nice of them just when we start working on rebuilding our credit? CO, CO, CO...several "OK"'s, more "CO"'s, more "OK"s, a bunch of "na" for no reporting and then after nothing for almost 3 years...another "CO".

*eye roll*

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A spurious OK between derogs when the account clearly was still derog is typical, and usually occurs because the creditor provided no statement of status for that month.

The OK in such situations does not mean that they reported the account was in good standing.

You can dispute if you wish, and the creditor will most likely add the ""missing"" CO.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is with Macy's on EQ they report like that, but The month that they reported the "new" CO to EQ they still report OK to EX. Or visa versa, I'm tired. Haha. I've cited this type of issue along with others to other creditors and had them removed eventually, I'm just wondering how much weight this scenario pulls. Good luck To you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

A spurious OK between derogs when the account clearly was still derog is typical, and usually occurs because the creditor provided no statement of status for that month.

The OK in such situations does not mean that they reported the account was in good standing.

You can dispute if you wish, and the creditor will most likely add the ""missing"" CO.

They reported OK for a few months, not just one, the one time they didn't report it was shown as no data. Thanks for the info RobertEG, you're always so helpful.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.