Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLECTION DELETED FROM CR!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

COLLECTION DELETED FROM CR!!

So I posted 2 weeks ago that I had a new collection pop up from AARGON AGENCY. The collection amount was for an unpaid annual pass @ Six Flags Magic Mountain. I was under a payment plan automatically debited monthly, however, my card got cancelled and six flags never got updated. Long story short, I called AARGON to pay the debt $67 (including fees) and asked for a deletion, which they said no to then yes the 2nd time I called.

I wasn't going to wait for AARGON to update Experian with the deletion, so I faxed over my deletion letter to Experian and filed a dispute and called them. Fast forward to today, I just got this great news!

I couldn't be happier and it goes to show, you can be proactive and get things done. Still in the rebuilding state, scores are now:

EQ: 629 / TU: 639 / EX: 641

I haven't received an alert from myFico yet. Would there be any score boost for it falling off? I remember when I paid down one of my balances to less than 50% and when this collection popped up, my score actually went up +2 points. Someone mentioned that the balance paid offset the impact the collection would have on my reports, since the collection really had no negative point impact. Would this in fact be true? 

Thanks to everyone on here, I owe this to you guys for all your valuable information.

much love!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: COLLECTION DELETED FROM CR!!

Grats to getting the PFD Smiley Happy

I will caution you on faxing/sending such letters to the CRA. These CAs have agreements to not delete valid paid collections and if the CRA starts giving them heat over it its apt to not do any further PFDs for others that may come after you.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I will caution you on faxing/sending such letters to the CRA. These CAs have agreements to not delete valid paid collections and if the CRA starts giving them heat over it its apt to not do any further PFDs for others that may come after you.

Thank you. I called in to Experian and the lady I spoke to, said if I faxed over the deletion letter they would be able to take a look at it and have it rectified within 5-7 business days. The collection was somewhat valid, however, sixflags had incorrect contact information for me so I was never informed of my account being past due or the fact that they were threatening to send me to collections. The moment I told AARGON that, that is when the abided by deleting the records.

Is this what you are referring to? I mean, if CA was going to update Experian at the beginning of the month with a 'deletion' wouldn't that be the same?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Thank you. I called in to Experian and the lady I spoke to, said if I faxed over the deletion letter they would be able to take a look at it and have it rectified within 5-7 business days. The collection was somewhat valid, however, sixflags had incorrect contact information for me so I was never informed of my account being past due or the fact that they were threatening to send me to collections. The moment I told AARGON that, that is when the abided by deleting the records.

Is this what you are referring to? I mean, if CA was going to update Experian at the beginning of the month with a 'deletion' wouldn't that be the same?

Its ok dont worry about it. What I was saying was more to completely valid collections that they agree to PFD those letters you may received should not really be sent to the CRAs to speed up the process for the reason I already stated.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I also just had a PFD success with them this week and the Aargon rep actually suggested I do the same thing you did. I asked if they report to the CRAs weekly or monthly, rep said monthly and then suggested I print out the deletion letter (which appears to be a copy of the same one they send to the CRA) and fax it over myself. This supports my theory that med collectors don't "get in trouble" with the CRAs for PFD like "regular" collectors do. Happy to be done with it and sending encouragement to anyone reading this...you can do it too!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats i got the same letter and yes you will get points i didSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.