Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLECTION DELETED...WHAT NOW?

tag
Trott
Established Member

COLLECTION DELETED...WHAT NOW?

I disputed a collection from NCO(from 2010) on all three CRA ....received notification today that TU and EX deleted...should hear back from EQ shortly.  Assuming it deletes from all three, what is my next step?  Do I contact OC and PIF?  Do i send a PTD to CA before they report it again?  Confused...want to so what I can to keep this from reappearing again.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: COLLECTION DELETED...WHAT NOW?

A lot depends upon why they deleted.  You state their deletion was based on a dispute.  If information is deleted based on the results of a dispute, the FCRA sets strict requirements upon the reinsertion of information deleted as the result of the dispute.  They must provide a certificate of accuracy to the CRA before the CRA will reinsert.

That applies to any party who subsequently reports the deleted information.  Kinda hard to certify something they were earlier unable to verify, but possible.  If it is reinserted the CRA will have to advise you in writing within 5 days of their reinsertion.

You could contact the debt collector and attempt to pay them in exchange for not re-reporting.  The issue is the chance of their being able to reinsert, which is not high.

You can also PFD the OC, as they most likely have their own derogs reported to your file.  You could now go after deletion of those adverse items.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.