Did you mean: 

COLLECTION REMOVED AND NO CHANGE IN SCORES :(

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: COLLECTION REMOVED AND NO CHANGE IN SCORES :(

sidewinder wrote:

llecs wrote:

Firstly, with EQ and TU, if you dispute, FICO becomes blind to the baddie. A disputer's score will go up immediately following the initiation of a dispute, if disputing a baddie that hurt the score. Once the dispute is completed for that item, FICO will read that baddie once again if verified or updated.
Collections and public records are not removed from scoring when disputed.

Disputing will not always cause a score to change. Only if it is a TL that is exempt from scoring while being disputed.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-10-2008 08:03 PM

I know that is said many places here in this forum. It is even mentioned in Credit Scoring 101 by Tusc. However, I disputed Arrow last February. CRTP had expired and it was already deleted off TU I think. Without my notes I am lost, but Arrow was the only thing I disputed. I remember pulling the scores the day before and the day after and there was a change. Nothing else had happened.

If it is not true that CAs aren't factored in, then I am at a loss to explain the change in score. Makes me want to dispute my last CA just for the heck of seeing the impact. If the dispute caused the score change, then the only reasoning I could think of beyond CAs being factored is if disputed on EQ, Arrow had been listed as an account with 1-2 lates, rather than in the CA section.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: COLLECTION REMOVED AND NO CHANGE IN SCORES :(

llecs wrote:

sidewinder wrote:

llecs wrote:

Firstly, with EQ and TU, if you dispute, FICO becomes blind to the baddie. A disputer's score will go up immediately following the initiation of a dispute, if disputing a baddie that hurt the score. Once the dispute is completed for that item, FICO will read that baddie once again if verified or updated.
Collections and public records are not removed from scoring when disputed.

Disputing will not always cause a score to change. Only if it is a TL that is exempt from scoring while being disputed.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-10-2008 08:03 PM

I know that is said many places here in this forum. It is even mentioned in Credit Scoring 101 by Tusc. However, I disputed Arrow last February. CRTP had expired and it was already deleted off TU I think. Without my notes I am lost, but Arrow was the only thing I disputed. I remember pulling the scores the day before and the day after and there was a change. Nothing else had happened.

If it is not true that CAs aren't factored in, then I am at a loss to explain the change in score. Makes me want to dispute my last CA just for the heck of seeing the impact. If the dispute caused the score change, then the only reasoning I could think of beyond CAs being factored is if disputed on EQ, Arrow had been listed as an account with 1-2 lates, rather than in the CA section.

That is probably the answer there. It was listed as a TL not a 3rd party collection.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.