cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLECTIONS REMOVAL DATES KEEP CHANGING ON CR - REBUILD HELP

tag
egojag

COLLECTIONS REMOVAL DATES KEEP CHANGING ON CR - REBUILD HELP

I’ve been trying to rebuild for about 8 months now and just recently came across these forums which are phenomenal! I’m hoping to get some assistance in understanding my reports along with some guidance on how to better my scores.  

I registered for the $1 CCT trial and pulled my reports and scores. Is CCT accurate  or should I pull my scores and reports from FICO?

1. 3 collection accounts, 2 from Portfolio Recovery which back in Jan 2017 my reports indicated a removal date of Jun 2017 on one and Jul 2017 on the other, now the removal dates indicated are Sept 2017 and Nov 2017, why is this and what can I do to have them fall off in Jun & July?

1. The 3rd collection, I paid off in April 2017 to a different collection agency, not the one shown on my reports. Tried disputing to no avail, how can I get this corrected/ removed?

1. 4 CA State Property Tax Liens, these liens are from my parent’s property which my name also appears on the title. I was unaware of these liens and only learned about them in late 2015 when purchasing a car.  I made a payment agreement and finally paid them off in full on March 2017.  I have read about how certain liens will be removed from reports come next month in July, however, I’m not clear if mine will be eligible for removal, what can I do to have them remove off my report (they only appear on TU) if they do not get automatically removed next month?

My scores as of 6/13/17 per CCT are as follows;

Score 8 

EX / 595

TU / 602

EQ / 584

BALANCE     LIMIT              OPENED

HSN                                        594                 1550                5/2016

TOYOTA REWARDS            500                 1500               11/2016

CHILDREN’S PLACE          55                    300                 5/2016

VICTORIA’S SECRET          0                      250                 6/2017

CREDIT ONE VISA               32                   500                 11/2016

CAPITAL ONE QS1              173                  300                 5/2017

LEND UP (personal loan)   524                  800 (loan amount)

ALLY AUTO                            15,200 (one 30-day 3 months, attempting to have it deleted)

I have 15-24 inquiries ranging from Nov 2016 – June 2017, when I was trying to trade in my vehicle (I have a horrible APR of 17.29%) and was also declined by AMEX and DISC.

How realistic would it be to get my scores up to 680 across by end of year? I mean is it doable?

My ultimate goal is to have scores in the 750+ range by summer/fall 2018 when I will begin the home purchasing process.  Also, to obtain a credit card with a decent CL, from any of these banks CITI, CHASE, AMEX OR DISC would be awesome.

Please any input with my specific issues is GREATLY appreciated! THANK YOU TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS ON THESE FORUMS, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: COLLECTIONS REMOVAL DATES KEEP CHANGING ON CR - REBUILD HELP

First, pay your Total Visa down to $10 and pay off the remaining credit cards. Second, contact the original creditor for the collections and obtain documentation showing the DOFD. Are you saying the third collection is a duplicate of one of the PRA collections?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.