Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFUSED and NEW

tag
rycoop
New Contributor

CONFUSED and NEW

Hi everyone...  I am in need of help... I don't want to GOOF anything up.  On all of my credit reports old CC charge offs show and say will be removed 6/2013 ... but they sold these to a CA and those say 6/2013. I want these off prior to that date but I DON'T want to reset any dates by requesting a verification or dispute. What should I do. All of my bad stuff is from 2006, 2007, and just one from 2008. Everything else is good by my TU score is 544 and my EQ is 640. HELP, please.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CONFUSED and NEW

Message 2 of 9
rycoop
New Contributor

I have read all of that.... I guess my question is this... I have a CO credit card that is DUE to come off next summer 2013 and it also posts on a CA as well. So it will show up twice. Once the original creditor and then the CA. It's well past the SOL (3 years) and I need to know if I should just let it alone until it drops off OR if I should DV the CA? I don't want to "re-set" any clock. Does that make sense? I'd love to get it off tho. UGH....

Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rycoop wrote:

I have read all of that.... I guess my question is this... I have a CO credit card that is DUE to come off next summer 2013 and it also posts on a CA as well. So it will show up twice. Once the original creditor and then the CA. It's well past the SOL (3 years) and I need to know if I should just let it alone until it drops off OR if I should DV the CA? I don't want to "re-set" any clock. Does that make sense? I'd love to get it off tho. UGH....

DVing the CA won't reset any clock. The CRTP clock cannot be reset no matter what. The SOL clock can restart in some states, so just don't say that it is your within the DV. If they verify and you agree, then offer a PFD.

Message 4 of 9
rycoop
New Contributor

So, if I DV .... I don't want to go into much detail, correct? I see a new or different letter that what was listed as a sample prior. Any suggestions? or a Link? I have searched the links provided but I want to be sure I'm following the right procedure. I'd love to get those baddies off FAST .... I'm so upset with myself. It's rediculous. I am shocked that they can show as 6 bads when it's 3 accounts. 3 OC and 3 CA. I guess it's all the same, but darn. I'd love to removed them.

Message 5 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rycoop wrote:

So, if I DV .... I don't want to go into much detail, correct? I see a new or different letter that what was listed as a sample prior. Any suggestions? or a Link? I have searched the links provided but I want to be sure I'm following the right procedure. I'd love to get those baddies off FAST .... I'm so upset with myself. It's rediculous. I am shocked that they can show as 6 bads when it's 3 accounts. 3 OC and 3 CA. I guess it's all the same, but darn. I'd love to removed them.

Keep the DV simple. Something like this is all you need. Send the letter CMRRR.

"I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Under FDCPA 809, send me validation of this debt."

"You claim I owe you a debt. In accordance with FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

"I received your letter claiming I owe you a debt. Per the FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rycoop wrote:

Ditto to MVV. Keep it simple.

Hey, at least there aren't three corresponding judgments, making it 9 baddies in total.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
rycoop
New Contributor

TRUE... Smiley Happy  Hey do I sign these??? Or just type them.

Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"This is notification under FDCPA 809(b) that I request verification of the debt."

If you additionally need the name of the OC, then add  "I additionally request the original creditor."

A DV is a legal document that, if timely, imposes a cease collection bar.  I would definately sign it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.