tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CONvergent Outsourcing attempting to CON people all over the USA

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! The same here. They posted to my credit reports for a T-Mobile bill. I was not even in my home state when the account was opened. I had cell service with a totally different carrier AND the last that I had T-Mobile was 14 years ago! I disputed as fraudulent and they removed it. I also put a fraud alert on my credit reports. I thought someone stole my identity. Now, it looks like the company is the real scammer!
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them a cease and desist letter, extra points if you cna have your attorney send one for you. You can speicifally mention your intent to take action in small claims court in your state. (They'll have to pay someone out of state to fight it, lots of hassle for them potentially, a lot of times on smaller debts it would cost more for them to hire a lawyer than to just decide to leave you alone.)

Write to the attorney general for BOTH the state you reside in, as well as the state the collection company is doing business in. 

This is in addition to what the others mentioned about contacting the CFPB as well. 

Message 13 of 16
iowe
Regular Contributor

As I type this, 30 minutes ago I got an alert on my monitoring that a new collection was added to my experian report and it's these people. It has to be a scam because I don't recognize the charge and I owed no one any money.

What the hell should I do first? Dispute with experian?

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iowe wrote:
As I type this, 30 minutes ago I got an alert on my monitoring that a new collection was added to my experian report and it's these people. It has to be a scam because I don't recognize the charge and I owed no one any money.

What the hell should I do first? Dispute with experian?

I would contact them immediately and find out what it is about.

If you don't like their answers, file suit under FDCPA immediately. Do not pass Go, but DO collect $1,000.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They removed the fraudulent account from all three reports, so I didn't need to escalate it.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.