cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORRECTION and DELETION, How is this going to affect?

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

CORRECTION and DELETION, How is this going to affect?

I have 2 late tradelines reported by TARGET National Bank. The account was opened around AUGUST 2008. On DEC 2009 and JANUARY 2010, I paid late because of unemployment. I sent Target GW and they sent me a promise to delete the tradelines. I disputed the account with my TRANSUNION file and was surprised that instead of removing the late tradelines, the representative told me that the WHOLE ACCOUNT was deleted.  This has happened to me before with HSBC, instead of late payment records being deleted, the whole account gets deleted, is this suppose to drag me down than help me?

Macy's removed all my late payment. I was honest about my late payments and they have decided to remove it, given my renewed payment pattern. I receive a letter from them stating that they will grant my GW request, and the TRANSUNION confirmed all late payments have been deleted. 

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CORRECTION and DELETION, How is this going to affect?

@TryingVeryHard wrote:

I have 2 late tradelines reported by TARGET National Bank. The account was opened around AUGUST 2008. On DEC 2009 and JANUARY 2010, I paid late because of unemployment. I sent Target GW and they sent me a promise to delete the tradelines. I disputed the account with my TRANSUNION file and was surprised that instead of removing the late tradelines, the representative told me that the WHOLE ACCOUNT was deleted.  This has happened to me before with HSBC, instead of late payment records being deleted, the whole account gets deleted, is this suppose to drag me down than help me?

Macy's removed all my late payment. I was honest about my late payments and they have decided to remove it, given my renewed payment pattern. I receive a letter from them stating that they will grant my GW request, and the TRANSUNION confirmed all late payments have been deleted. 

Thanks guys!

Deletion of a late and deletion of a tradeline are two entirely different things.  If you asked for the TL to be removed, it is the removal of the entire account.  Removing a late would be just that, removing a late.

Message 2 of 3
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: CORRECTION and DELETION, How is this going to affect?

Thanks for the information. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.