Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Dispute Results Back Today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA Dispute Results Back Today!

I've mainly been a lurker here, but I had to post about my very first dispute with a CRA to give people hope that could certainly use it. 

First of all, my credit sucks, but thanks to this forum I have learned how to improve it and how to deal with past credit problems that are currently haunting me. I am so thankful and will be FOREVER.

On to the results:

I sent letters to Transunion and Equifax and am currently disputing Experian online. I got Transunion back first, today in fact and could not be more pleased. I disputed 4 accounts and broke even. However, I was able to get a civil judgment docket removed and one revolving cc account that was 6+ years old. It had been reporting 120+ day lates for the past 6 years because I had no idea it was still even open. It was never charged off. It had a limit of $7,500 and I never used it, so I just basically accumulated fees over the years. The thing is, I was ready to mail a letter to discuss payment arrangements and I thought I'd try to dispute first and now the entire account has been removed from my credit report. Yay!!!

The other 2 accounts did come back verified but are scheduled to be removed in May and July of 2011 so I just have to wait it out a few months. 

I'm hoping my other disputes will provide results half as good as this one did!

I just wanted to share this for those who are new or those who are thinking about disputing with the CRAs.

I still have plenty of work to do, but am so happy that my TU score went from 516 in late August to 554 at the end of this month, thanks to the removals of these items.

Good luck to those who still have work to do, as I do! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
elzgarland
Valued Member

Re: CRA Dispute Results Back Today!

Congratulations, that is great news! Just curious, how did you get the judgement removed?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA Dispute Results Back Today!

I noted that I had no knowledge of the judgment. I don't remember ever receiving a summons for anything at all, so that is probably why.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.